Thursday, October 23, 2008
The amazing neuron - Soon to be in Best Buy Computers
Maybe I was a little too slapstick there. But an article linked from digg (article here) shows that science is once again leading the way for a biological computer. An AND gate, the article reported on, can now be built with neurons. This is an essential component of computer logic. It's only a matter of time before OR, and XOR logic gates are covered too. This comes down to showing that the brain acts much more like a computer than we might have previously thought of in the past. I would still like to see the 'pentium-brain' computer in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Grant, it has been thought that the human brain works in a similar way when compared to a computer hard drive. Unfortunately, it has been shown that they work very differently. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the day when our brains could hold as much information as a terabyte hard drive. I've got my fingers crossed, cheers.
Post a Comment