Thursday, October 30, 2008
Doomsday (again) on diabetes
To no surprise(I hope), the rates of diabetes has doubled in the last 10 years. The article here demonstrates why there should be no surprise. A particular phrase tipped me off to how sad the rise in the case of diabetes is: "The risk factors for type 2 diabetes include obesity and inactivity." In other words, we are lazy people who like to stuff ourselves. So when a fat and lazy person starts complaining about developing type 2 diabetes, while having over a decade or two to fix the problem, you'll know not to pity them as much as you might have done a decade or less ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think it's so sad how ridiculous this situation. Kids are just becoming so spoiled with sugar and treats, plus they are spending so much time on their computers! Scientists have predicted that this generation will not live longer than the one before us because of these health problem. This is extremely sad, a parent should never have to bury their children. Many kids do a great job of staying healthy, but still it is really hard to have that kind of discipline. Kids need encouragement from their elders more, like me, I am healthy because my parents have been encouraging it all my life. My instructor once told the drumline "if I run into you with a soda in your hand, you'll be pushing the ground until you throw up, and then you can switch to sit ups". We need that kind of encouragement these days!
I've got a good amount of friends and family who are diabetic not because they are overweight or anything, but because they inherited it genetically. They live perfectly normal lives and keep track of what they eat big time. We should learn to live more like them and not take the fact that we don't have diabetes for granted.
Grant I must say you have a really interesting blog, all the info you provide for us is very shocking, I like the fact that you mix it up and not just incorporate on idea but many. I am learning so much from your blog that I didn't know. Keep up the great work.
Diabetes doubling in the past years does not surprise me one bit. We live in a culture were burgers are priced for a cent when buying one for 29c, I find this ridiculous, is as if they want America to continue to grow in health problems. Not only are we choosing to eat unhealthy but also choosing not to exercise.
PS White chocolate is not really chocolate read this http://www.joyofbaking.com/WhiteChocolate.html
Post a Comment