Tuesday, December 9, 2008
The mouse turns 40 years old!
The article here proves the detailed facts. I always tried to ponder how old the "mouse" really was, but I never even guessed close to 40 years of age! At the most, I guessed the late 70's, but I guess a few innovators thought of its crude form in the late 60's. We all can thank Bill English for creating what today we may consider a very essential part of our computer experience. The original mouse, with its one button, seems archaic, but when you look at it for its primary objective, it did its job surely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I still use a mouse whenever I am at my laptop, even thought it has a touch pad like so many others. I find the mouse to be the greatest thing since sliced bread and I plan on continuing to use it because, simply stated, I have become used to it. Once someone gets in the habit of doing something every day, it's tough to break it. Plus, I see no negativity with using a mouse instead of a touch pad. Anyways, here's to 40 more!
Post a Comment