Tuesday, November 25, 2008
One win against spammers
Thanks to the CAN-SPAM law, Facebook won a landslide case. I totally agree with the lawsuit, as I think the days of lawless spamming are over. Even though I think there should be freedom of many kinds on the internet, there shouldn't be the freedom to hit servers with bunch-loads of useless spam. It is this kind of case in which is beneficial to the internet community. Even with the CAN-SPAM act, I feel there should be more protection for consumers. Then again, this is a "building block" for future legislation against internet spam and crimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree that there should be spam laws to prevent idiotic material from reaching my email address. Over 90% of mail that is sent today is spam and a lot of it reaches inboxes and bypasses all the spam filters web emails have set up. So, down with spam!
Post a Comment